Friday, August 1, 2008

Ya' gotta love a bargain or two

I love getting a bargain. I know it is not really a bargain if you can't use it, but the bargains I got yesterday and today are usable. It all started at Hobby Lobby when I found this greenhouse thing that I thought my husband would like. He was in special directors' meetings in OKC, so I went shopping. I was walking around Hobby Lobby, one of my favorite places to shop, when I saw this greenhouse thing. It was 66% off!! I took him there during his lunch break, and he wanted it,so we purchased it. I took him back to his meeting and then went back to pick it up. The manager helped me to take it apart and load it in my car. I just hope we can get it put back together. Second bargain of the day came at Michael's. I bought some baskets to try to get organized at home. When we started checking out, the cashier gave us a coupon that someone had an extra of and left it at the store. The baskets were 50% off, and the coupon was for another 20% off. WOW!! (yes, Kara-Kae WOW is MOM upside down.) Today I went to Khol's, since it is tax free week-end. Here is the greatest bargain yet. I got 4 pair of pants and a long-sleeve shirt for $20.20. Yes. twenty dollars and twenty cents. The decimal was in the right place. I need real clothes for my new job, not just play clothes like I wore in P.E. Now for my final bargain of the day. We get back to Purcell and run by Walmart. I always go back to the scrapbook section just in case they have Cricut cartridges on sale. I found two that I don't have that were $25 each. If you don't know anything about Cricut cartridges, this was a great deal. They sale for as much as $89.
Can you beat those bargain?

No comments: