Sunday, August 24, 2008

Beware of what you say in front of your kids!

The scrapbook room is coming along. We got the south wall in place and went and bought the window yesterday. Hopefully, we will get it in this week and then start on the east wall.
I have been looking through my old lesson plan books and P.E. activities to help the new elementary P.E. teacher out. Whenever my students would say something funny, I would try to remember it and write it down later. I usually just wrote it in my lesson plan book. I will randomly include some of them in my blog. Children will tell you about anything that they have ever seen, done, or heard. Just beware, because they will probably tell their teacher all about it, and sometimes will add to it to make it more interesting.

Brook should enjoy this one:
Student: My dad has a BB gun.
Me: He Does? What does he shoot with it?
Student: Moose & Cheetas!


Since I am getting on in years, I will have children of students that I once taught. I was asking a little girl what her mom's name was before she got married (you have to be careful with that one, also).
The student replied, "Actually, it was Rebecca, and now it is Becky."


We played a game in P. E. that is called "3 Down" in which 2-liter pop bottles are used. When the students walked into the gym, one of the boys asked, "Are we going to play spin-the-bottle?" Why would a 3rd grader even know that game? Must have a teen-age brother or sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have you know that I have shot many a moose in my backyard! They are very urbanized now! The BB gun doesn't seem to do much to them though!