Sunday, August 3, 2008

Eventful first half of 2008

The first half of this year was fairly eventful in my life, if you consider weddings and retirement eventful. My daughter got married on February 29 (smart guy that she married - only one anniversary every 4 years). I retired from teaching in May. My son got married in July. To make it even more eventful, neither one of them got married in our home town. Kara-Kae got married on NW Expressway (not literally on the expressway) in OKC, and Toby got married in Galveston. Both weddings were beautiful, but I have to say that daughter's weddings are harder than son's. Also, destination weddings are easier. Toby and Stephenie did have a large reception the next week-end in Sulphur. Not only did I get a wonderful son-in-law and daughter-in-law, but I got a granddog and granddaughter. Both families are settled into the married life, and I have recovered.
Retirement! I retired from teaching in May. I have taught since 1981, which I started at Lexington as a coach and P.E. teacher. The next year I came to Purcell and have taught there since. I taught 5th and 4th until 1995 when I moved to the gym to teach P.E. I am not completely retired in the sense that I don't work anymore. I am going to go back to the school and work as a library assistant. I am really looking forward to it. I still get to work with the kids at school, but won't have the experience of the "HOT" gym to deal with. I will get to work with my good friend, Donna, even though we will be in opposite buildings each day. I will be in the elementary on the days she is in the intermediate and vice-versa.
I almost forgot, my husband has had two surgeries this year. Even though it was much harder on him than me, it still was stressful.

No comments: