Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Job

I am not very good at this blogging stuff. It has already been a week since I last typed anything. I have the excuse of school starting and then, of course, there are the Olympics. What will be my excuse in a couple of weeks?
I started my new job Wednesday. It was definitely different than teaching physical education. The best the way to compare, is a day in the life of when I was a P. E. teacher and a day in the life of a library assistant. My P. E. classes would start at 8:15 a.m. and go through until 11:15 with a 10 minute break around 10. Then at 11:50 I would go back to the gym until 2:35. When it was hot outside it was very hot in the gym, being a metal building with no a.c. and very little, if any, insulation. When the temps were cold outside it wasn't too bad in the gym, except for when I had to stand outside to watch for the kindergartners. Kindergartners, now that is a whole other beast. My day as a library assistant will change when we start having students come to the library, but for now all I am doing is sitting at a table crossing out the word elementary in the books and stamping PURCELL INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL, or at the computer and putting book titles, authors and ISBN numbers in excel. Very easy, except by the end of the day my neck is mad at me. It is definitely not hot like the gym, in fact, some days I could wear a jacket.
I think I am really going to enjoy my job, when we start checking out books and seeing students every day. I'll let you know then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pYeah for new jobs! Keep on blogging! You can do it!