Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Don't seek revenge

Don't say, "I will avenge this evil!" Wait on the Lord, and He will rescue you. Proverbs 20:22
This was the verse this morning during my Bible reading and journal time. It is so much easier to seek revenge when someone does us or our family wrong or unjustly. It is even worse when it is a follower of Christ. God calls us to a higher standard of behavior of what just comes naturally or that we think is best, if we are truly following Him. When we are mistreated, we should seek refuge in God instead of seeking revenge. Sometimes it seems impossible, but with God's strength we can do it and even pray for the person that wronged us. I really have a hard time to pray for God to bless them, but that is what I should strive to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is probably something we will always struggle with (especially when its something that happens to our loved ones!). I know I struggle with it. Not sure it will ever get easy. Maybe that's a good thing that I have to lean on Him to deal with it instead of me.