Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How you live (part 1)

One of my favorite songs is "How You Live" by Point of Grace (sorry Brook).
I really like the words, and wish I lived my life more by them.
I'll start with the chorus, then the verses:
Turn up the music
Turn it up loud (Some music I like loud)
Take a few chances (I do not like to take chances. I don't have the courage. I want to be adventurous, but it is just not me. Writing a blog is as adventurous as I get.)
Let it all out You won't regret it
Lookin' back from where you have been (I guess I have come a long way from my childhood.)
Cuz it's not who you knew (Good thing.)
And it's not what you did (Another good thing.)
It's how you live (I am not sure my life is anything to brag about, but I haven't ever robbed a bank or killed anyone, so maybe I am not too bad.)

Wake up to the sunlight (I wake before the sunlight - early risers at my house.)
With your windows open (Not during allergy season.)
Don't hold in your anger or leave things unspoken (Never been accused of holding in my anger.)
Wear your red dress ( Don't have one, but intend to buy one.)
Use your good dishes (My only dishes are the good one, except when we buy those really nice paper plates)
Make a big mess and make lots of wishes (I make messes and wishes all of the time.)
Have what you want (I have what I want, and all I will ever need. I am very blessed. You should meet my husband and my children and their spouses and children.)
But want what you have (I really don't want the dust, but it says too.)
And don't spend your life lookin' back
(I really look back too often. I have made lots of mistakes.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like hearing your thoughts! Blogging is fun huh!?!