Sunday, February 1, 2009

Why do you go or not go to church?

I get really bad about not going to Sunday School and Sunday night church.  If I miss a Sunday or two, then it just gets harder to get back in the groove of going.  I was just thinking of excuses I hear from people not choosing to go to church.  One I have already used, others might be in no particular order:
  • only day to sleep in
  • best day to play golf, fish, etc.
  • I will be called on to pray
  • I am as good as any of those people down there at that church
  • I don't like the preacher, teacher, leader, etc.
  • I am not good enough
  • I can't sit still that long  
Have you ever used any of these excuses, or any others?

How about why you go to church?  It is harder to come up with a list for this, makeup because negative excuses are easier to make.
  • superstitious - if I go my week will go better (true, it does)
  • fellowship - important to spend time with other Christians
  • just because I think it makes God happy
Why do you go? Any other excuses?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I think I go to church because I've been called to be there. Being a pastor's wife pretty much means you have to be a part of the minitry! That's also why I DONT want to go sometimes. Ministry can be tough and painful sometimes!